Kappa Kappa Kappa (Tri-Kap), was founded as a local fraternity at Dartmouth College in 1842. It is the oldest local fraternity in the United States and the second-oldest fraternity at Dartmouth. Tri-Kap was founded as a literary and debating society by students Harrison Hobart, Stephen Gordon Nash, and John Dudley Philbrick after a debate over leadership in the United Fraternity literary society. Tri-Kap officially became a social society in 1905. Tri-Kap, the first social organization at Dartmouth to have its own building, occupied "The Hall," located at the present site of the Hopkins Center for the Arts, from 1860 to 1894. The organization moved to Parker House, at the present site of Silsby Hall, in 1894. Tri-Kap has been located at 1 Webster Avenue since 1923.