Webster Farm records, circa 1900 - 1950Manuscript MS-1253

Introduction

The Webster farm, located in Canaan, NH, was founded in 1779 by Joseph Flint a merchant from Newburyport, MA and passed through two more hands by 1865 when George W. Davis purchased the farm. By the 1880's the farm was successfully operating as a dairy farm serving the Boston market through the nearby railroad. Around 1900 the farm house and buildings burned and was rebuilt. The farm was operated by Davis' decedents until 1995 when it was sold.

Finding Aids