Cornish (N.H. : Town), School District records, 1829-1879 Rauner Manuscript MS-810

Institutional History

The Cornish School's beginnings date to 1829 when Daniel and Anna Ford offered a room for the enterprise and Anna Ford began as its first teacher. In 1830, Joseph Chase Jr. provided land for the location of a school building that was eventually built. In 1840, a crisis arose over that location when it was found to have been built on land that was legally owned by John Fitch. The matter was resolved, however, when the property was leased from Fitch in 1850.

Finding Aids